Bed and breakfast Orsini 46 is the only place to stay in Napoli. We were there for 4 nights in November of 2019 and it was hard to leave!
Why? Here we go...
1. Owners Gabriele and Manuela (along with their employee Hector) are amazingly helpful and welcoming. They are also available via WhatsApp almost constantly. When we were arriving into the Naples train station and wondered what a cab should cost to the B&B, I reached out and got all the info we needed to make sure we didn't get ripped off. Once we got checked there, Gabriele spent awhile with us going over a map and orienting us to the city and providing dining recommendations (super helpful, we tried 3 of them and they were spot on - you'll be able to read more in an upcoming Naples food post).
2. Cost at other hotels along the sea were more than double! This is a more economical option without sacrificing...still feels like you're at a boutique hotel.
3. They have 3 rooms and we stayed in the Capri room that has 2 small balconies. One has a partial sea view that we couldn't get enough of while the other looks over the street. You could probably fit two chairs out on the balcony but we never got around to trying.
4. Breakfast - wheeled into in your room on a tray! There's a card (see image below) that you fill out with your choices and preferred time, then hang on your doorknob outside before you go to bed. The selection is excellent, we had cappuccino and espresso along with the cornetto and mini sfogliatella (both pastries SUPER fresh) but there's something for everyone here as you can see below.
5. Capri room details -
- super spacious room with beautiful mosaic tiling on the floor and warm yellowy orange walls
- 3 outlets (not including the one the TV uses)
- firm bed that is good sized (larger than an American queen but not sure if it's a king), round table and 2 chairs, 1 armchair, extra chair
- TV with Apple TV (includes Youtube, Netflix, Rai, etc.)
- large armoire for unpacking/hanging clothes
- mini fridge with water (at no additional charge)
- iron and small board
- throw blanket, extra pillows
- bedside tables on both sides, small lamps on both bedside tables
- bathroom with toilet, bidet, stall shower, sink, shower caps, shower gel, hairdryer, bar soap, 2 body towels, 2 smaller towels, 2 hand towels, 2 glasses with gorgeous tiles throughout
6 - If your Italian is not so great, don't worry...great English spoken here!
We loved Napoli as you'll read in some upcoming posts but this was a huge part of what made our visit so great. If you're planning a trip there, book this place immediately...you'll kick yourself if you miss out!!